Following a few relatively light months, this week’s DC Collectibles solicitations promise a whopping 19 total items due out this September and October including the usual action figures and statues, plus props and even a board game. Many of the items were on display during Toy Fair 2013, but there’s still a few surprises, including the Gentle Giant Studios-sculpted Justice League chess set, a new Supergirl statue and more. Hit the jump to get a load of all the new DC Collectibles items headed to retailers and the DCC site this fall.ABOVE: DC Comics Bombshells: Poison Ivy Statue (Sculpted by Tim Miller; Designed by Ant Lucia)
oh my stars
Anonymous asked: i am glad you start posting new things again :)
WE’RE BACK AND READY TO GO MY FRIEND!
“Pissed Off Audience Members”
I have been getting a lot of flack for the prices if my projects and some rather rude anonymous comments about my prices I refuse to respond to individually. Hope this answers some questions about price of artisan products and why they should be respected.
TLDR: asking an artisan to lower their prices is extremely disrespectful. Cost of time, materials and travel is worth a lot more than you think.
required reading for all cosplayers. go.
THIS IS WHY WE ARE DISSAPPOINTED
When someone finds out that I sew and make outfits and costumes
- Person: Hey! Can you make me this outfit?
- Me: Hey! I don't work for less than $10 an hour, and you have to pay for the material.
- Person: Cool, so it'll be only like $30 then!
- Me: ...
- THOU SHALT NOT MAKE A PENCIL SKIRT OR BASIC BODICE
- THOU SHALT RESIST THE TEMPTATION TO USE KE$HA, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, LOLITA, PUNK, FANTASY, THE OCEAN, MILITARY, “COLOR BLOCKING”, NATIVE AMERICAN’S OR THEIR WAR BONNETS, OR LADY GAGA AS INSPIRATION
- THOU SHALT NEVER COPY A PATTERN FROM A STORE